Last minute holidays are well known for their low prices. Travel agents buy package holidays in bulk soon before the holidays' start, if they have any unsold quantities -- they let them on sale at very low prices. So if you're ready to leave on a holiday soon, have a look at the last minute holidays offered online. This way you will be able to get a well priced holiday even in the heavy travel summer and Christmas seasons.
Britain's favourite travel agent -- Thomas Cook offer a very extensive range of last minute holidays. With prices starting at just £360 for a 7 night holiday under the Greek sun with flights included, there is no need to think twice. Thomas Cook offer ATOL protection so in case any part of your journey ceases operation, you will be fully refunded. This is a very important feature nowadays with companies going bust every day.
Onthebeach.com offer great last minute deals where you can enjoy sunny Tenerife for £160 for 7 nights with flights included. Whether you want your holiday one week or month from today, they will be able to offer you low cost last minute holidays. The best tip we received from them -- in order to get lower prices, you need to avoid weekend flights and school holidays.
Thomson.co.uk also have their late deals range for bargain hunters. Prices start at just £260 for a 7 nights' holiday in Greece on bed and breakfast basis. They update their deals every morning, so if nothing appeals to you today, you can get a lower price tomorrow. Worth a look, we'd say.
- Flexibility is very important when booking last minute holidays. If you don't limit yourself to certain days and dates, you'll be more likely to get a good deal.
- Avoid busy periods -- as recommended above by OnTheBeach.com, stay away from weekend breaks and school holidays.
- Destinations -- the holidays that are left out may not be to so popular destinations but this gives you the opportunity for an adventure to a less known place.
- Make sure your passport is ready to go with you on a holiday -- most tour operators will require at least 6 months validity left on your passport before you leave on your holiday.
- If you've found a last minute holiday that you fancy, don't hesitate -- book it straight away as someone else might get it before you.
We are sure you will enjoy the perfect last minute getaway at an affordable price.